1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Help With Sopcast On A Laptop!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by dougal79, Dec 31, 2007.

1. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

OK, i didnt know where to put this or if its against forum rules.

I use Sopcast to watch live football & it works fine.
    My mate installed it on a laptop & he cant get it to work.

Everytime he starts Sopcast, Norton Security Centre pops up,
    asking if he wants to allow it.
    He clicks always allow, but when Sopcast starts,
    he cant view any of the channels..
    Ive tried viewing the same channels & i can access them but he cant.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Much appreciated.
    Have a happy new year!! :p

2. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

I'm guessing that Sopcast is a program that requires internet access, that you've installed Norton Internet Security, and that the box pops up each time the guy opens the program.

Note: I dont use Norton Internet Security now, hence I can't give more specific instructions.

Open NIS's 'Settings' dialog, go to the firewall section, and look for a list of programs that are allowed/denied access to the internet. It can be a button called 'Trusted Programs' or something similar. Once you open it, search for the entry (or entries) of Sopcast(the name of the entry may depend on the filename of the program's executable). Once you find it, delete the entry/entries from the list, and close the dialog boxes by clicking the appropriate buttons (OK/Save etc). Now when you start Sopcast, you should see the window pop up once again. Make sure to allow 'full access' to the internet (again, it can be called something else). Hopefully, the program should work fine and the window should not pop up again. Just reply here if you have any problems.

I had used Norton Internet Security once, and had the same problem.