1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by vinrpi, Apr 17, 2004.

1. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

I am about as new at this as you can get. I have Movie. Its Xvid. The are a bunch of .rar files that all "seem" to have the same avi's in them. A bunch more files that are .r30, .r31 etc. and an .sfv file. WHAT DO I DO!! I thought it would be one avi or something that needed to be converted and thats it. Please help!

Thank a lot!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Mmmmmm-- Here goes !!

The files you have there are portion of whatever you downloaded.. because some people have slow download capabilities -- you will often see people breaking down a large movie in little chunks so it can be downloaded a few portion at a time -- This is done with Winrar -- hence the name rar files --

Here's what you do..google search for Winrar.. and download the program -- Install it.

Now if you click the rar file with no numbers but the extension .rar ( This is the starting file)-- Winrar will re-assembled all the others and will give you back your Movie. It will show up as one file.

Should you be missing ONE rar file -- it will stop and ask for it.-- your solution is to go back wherever you got that movie and make sure you have downloaded all of the rar that were there .

Winrar is exactely like Winzip ; but compresses more and is much more user friendly -- it will unzip files , so you do not need to have Winzip.

Hope this helps. !!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2004
  3. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

That did help......Thank you very much!!!

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You are quite welcome ! -- Glad i could help.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004