1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help??

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by 888888, Dec 31, 2004.

1. 888888

888888 Member

I have many VCR tapes that I want to transfer to DVDs. Right now I have a VCR/DVD dual deck machine that does the job but it only dubbs in real time. Can anyone tell me if I can purchase a machine (preferably under $1000.00 CAD) that will offer high speed dubbing. I was hoping to transfer a 6hr VCR tape to a DVD in an hour or two. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Brunnen-G

Brunnen-G Guest

Hi 888888,

The answer to your question is that, generally speaking, VCRs only play in real time. The main reason for this (other than copyright issues) is the loss of quality experienced when performing high speed dubbing from analog sources. This is true with high speed audio dubbing and would be more noticeable with video signals. The equipment you are after does exist, I'm sure, but it would fall into the category of professional equipment and would fall well outside your price range. I think you'll just have to do things the slow way like I have been doing.

Regards.

3. 888888

888888 Member

Hi Brunnen-G
    Thank you for your reply. I realize now that I will have to do the dubbing in real time. Thanks again though for your reply :)!