1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help??

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by macboy, May 11, 2007.

1. macboy

macboy Member

I have recently moved house and in the process have misplaced my Recovery Discs for my MacBook. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has the same macbook as me and would be willing to send me back up's of the originals. I will pay for all costs including discs, postage and also a reasonable fee for the hassle.

Cheers in advance

Macboy

The MacBook is an entry level model purchased 9 months ago.

Specifications

512MB 667 DDR2 - 2x256MB SO-DIMMs
    60GB Serial ATA drive (5400rpm)
    Keyboard (English) & Mac OS (English)
    Country kit
    1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2. Londor

Londor Guest

Call Apple.

3. macboy

macboy Member

did that they want £35 a disc and if memory serves there are 3 discs hence the request

4. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

I was able to get proper install DVDs from M_ninova, as well as iLife, iWork, etc. and they will work on all macs of that processor (either download PPC or Intel, you need Intel)

You really won't need the recovery discs at all if you download Tiger and iLife.

5. macboy

macboy Member

Thanx akaan I will do that but my only concern is the warranty for macbook. Also had a look on the site and cant seem to fid the files I need

6. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

You might want to check out IDs 394008 and 197859.

I wouldn't worry about warranty, as you could always clear the hard drive before sending it in if you're afraid they would "catch" you. There is no activation process or even a serial key necessary so I highly doubt an Apple tech could even tell if you are using a illigit install disc or not. You have the license for the software, at worst this is only grey-area.

I bought a Pismo off eBay and the guy shipped it with some obscure beta build of Tiger so I couldn't run Apple Update making it near-impossible to run any recent apps (they all need 10.4.4 and higher now). I didn't feel bad using other means to acquire the discs, as I was sold the computer "with 10.4", and your system most definetly came with 10.4 so no biggie.