1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone Solve this?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by fishio, Mar 2, 2003.

1. fishio

fishio Guest

heres the problem!!

i have a panasnic ldf 310 burner i use dvd dycrpter to rip, ifoedit and have prassi, recordnow, and nero to burn.

i have been trying to make dvd's to play on my standalone, which is a wharfdale 750's

now if i rip a dvd with dvd dycrpter and burn the resulting image file it works fine on my standalone

but if i strip it down just to fit the main movie on a single disk it goes pear shaped.

i have tried everythin, record now, updating nero using imgtool to make an image and then burning but nothing works on my stand alone. but the resulting disks all work on my girlfriends cyber home standalone and the ps2 and computer.

i have noted that my standalone (wharfdale) loads the disk and recognises them as dvd's it gets ready to play and then hangs, it hangs just before the dolby light comes on to show dolby sound

could this be the problem, im stripping the sound?

thanks james

2. malum

malum Regular member

My first instinct is that if you can get an image burn to work then you are doing something wrong in the stripping and reassembling process for that not to work.

How do you strip stuff out?
    Are you re-encoding?

The fist thing I'd try is to get rid of the IFOs and BUPs in your final product and have IFOedit recreate them, then do a Get VTS sectors on it.

3. fishio

fishio Guest

hi malum

i use ifoedit to strip and follow the doom 9 guides, and i dont re-encode i only do movies under 2 hours

if my girlfriends cyber home plays them is it just my player being an arse or am i stripping somthing thats its looking for which is why it stalls?

4. malum

malum Regular member

If you've tried Record Now instead of Nero and it still doesn't work then it may be your player I guess but it seems odd

5. fishio

fishio Guest

do u think it could be looking for audio streams ive sripped?

i think the wharfdales chipset is sony, has neone had problems with bbackups and sony?

6. malum

malum Regular member

wouldn't have thought so

Might be the brand of disc, have you tried only one brand?

7. malum

malum Regular member

sorry strike that you burned an image that works.

How many times did you try Record Now Max and which version did you try.

I'd be tempted to try the latest version of that or Prassi and see what happens. If you only tried it once you may have just got a bad burn. It is your most likely route to success.

I believe Imgtools uses the Nero burning engine and you still need to choose options that if your machine is incompatible with the disc won't work

8. fishio

fishio Guest

ive got recordnow max 4.5 on trial, i have prassi but havnt tried it yet, i know the media is ok cause ive done a dvd5 rip and burn with dvd decrypter, i now have 10 coasters, all of which play on most other players.

i will try prassi 2night

i tried recordnow max loads of times,

9. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

alright there fisho,
    nero isn't the best burning program for dvd's
    have you tried padus diskjuggler. i use version 4.
    secondly. and shoot me down if you think im talking stupid or something, but is your dvd player region free,

adi

10. fishio

fishio Guest

hi aiden

yep the dvd player is region free, and i know that all the other ways ive tried to burn work on my girlfriends cyber home, the only time a backed up disk worked on the whafdale was when i backed up and burnt a dvd-5 with dvd dycrypter and i know the media is ok

im there for sure the error is in the actuall ripping process or im leaving out somthing the standalone is looking for before it will play

11. The_Jew

The_Jew Member

burning with nero and prassi only work on certain dvds players

if you use gear it will work on any player no probs

also some dvds players wont play dvd+r or dvd-r or one or the other

12. fishio

fishio Guest

whats gear? where can i get if from?

13. The_Jew

The_Jew Member

you can get the demo version of the mastering software from www.gearsoftware.com

14. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

the Wharfdale 750S is fussy on what it plays but there is a site I've visited recently that lets you know whether it plays DVD-R(RW) or DVD+R(RW) or both.

I had to look up my mates which is only the 750 (not the S model). The guide said it played DVD-RW (not -R tho) & also plays DVD+R (but not +RW)...the guide was wrong tho cos neither DVD-R or -RW worked.

15. herbsman

...it just kept saying 'LOADING'

16. fishio

fishio Guest

what site was it?

17. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

fishio, I realise youre a long way to solving your problem, but the best back up guide I found was Seamonkeys at http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420

When i started out , i found this one to be the most comprehensive.

if all else fails, go back to basics and start again. This is one of the best forums i've also come across, and eventually someone here will get u up and running

18. herbsman

DVDR Help (.com or .co.uk) was the site!

19. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

try burning a udf/iso image with nero - close the wizard and set the udf to force compatibility mode it needs to be on 1.02 to make it more compliant on older machines like the wharfedale 750.... ;-)

20. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

FISHO,

K, according to my soources, it is sometimes the software that is used as well,
    all the off the shelf software are disigned at the novice user in most cases,
    me personal, i have used in the past vobedit,ifoedit
    never ever had a bit of trouble with either,
    ifoedit is capable of burning the dvdr as ell
    but just recently i have used a program called dvd2one,
    still yet to come across a fault
    for the burning side,
    i swear by padus diskjugler version 4