1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone tell me the easiest and cheapest way to modify x box to play game backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by badda12, Jan 27, 2005.

1. badda12

badda12 Guest

I used magic swap and flip top for ps2,but i am trying to do this to x box.Can anyone tell me the easyiest way to modify my x box, I am not good at solidering.maybe a soliderless mod chip,or any kind of swap method that not a pain.please any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a million.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You're not gonna swap anything with xbox. Sorry buddy.

You have two options:

If you're good at soldering, you could put a modchip in your xbox.

OR

If you don't really want to go through all that, you can "softmod" your xbox, which is basically using a hacked game save to flash your xbox with a new bios and install a new dashboard on it. It's basically the easiest way to mod your xbox (and smartest, since you're not voiding the warantee)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

I think a solderless modchip would be a hell of a lot easier than a softmod. Learning to softmod in my personal view was harder than chipping my xbox(and I used solder)

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive also modded my v7 with swapmagic and fliptop. i too cant solder, so when i wanted to mod my xbox, solderless modchips are the way to go. there are great solderless modchips out there right now. and they are really easy to install, but it does include opening you xbox, removing hd, removing dvd drive, till you get to the lpc holes, basicly most of the xecuter chips depend on a screw to tighten the solderless modchip, its the flashing of the chip and choosing and installing a dashboard where you might get a little stuck. but dont worry, theres alot of good guides out there that cover these issues, xbox-scene is where you should be really

5. stacker69

stacker69 Member

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"I think a solderless modchip would be a hell of a lot easier than a softmod. Learning to softmod in my personal view was harder than chipping my xbox(and I used solder)"

All you're doing is dropping a gamesave to a memory card and saving it to your xbox, compared to opening your xbox, taking everything apart, soldering, and putting it back together :|