1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone test this out?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by syoganai, Apr 7, 2005.

1. syoganai

syoganai Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've been doing a lot of research on burning ps2 games and found this forum to be one of the most helpful forums with a very knowlegeable community. Therefore, I first would like to thank everyone who's been involved and had been so helfpul so far for sharing their wisdom with a person like me.
    Now, to my point. I know it's a myth to burn your original ps2 game and be able to play the back-up without a mod chip or a swap disc, however, I came across this site http://mussel.supremeserver14.com/det.htm that claims that the program dvd detective can burn ps2 games exactly so you can actually play them on your ps2 without having it modded. I tried to look for any fine prins but this site just seemed like a review site (although with a more of an advertisement tough on it) and claims that they have tested this program out. So, I was wondering if there is anyone in this forum that knows of this program and had any experiences with it. If not, i was wondering if someone who has access to this program can test this out...I'm thinking about buying the program but I would really like to find out some additional information and find out if it really works.

Well then, thank you for your time and I hope someone can help me out with this issue....

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.

So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

Its a scam with a link to DVD Decrypter,

Save your money and get sm discs or a modchip.
    Dvd decrypter will backup all but the newer dvd9 games.
    (Those games have to be re-built and then burned with dvd decrypter)
    here are some simple instructions to make your backup.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/15105

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

http://www.ipsarion.com/cgi-bin/smartfaq/smartfaq.cgi

All dvd detective does is bundle a bunch of programs,with a
    guide to follow.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

that sounds like the biggest bunch of bull pucky ever. It says you can play them on you PC, there aren't even any good Emulators yet that can pull that off. i would stay clear of that one.

5. syoganai

syoganai Member

thank you everyone, esp. Jizmak for your helpful advice, now I know how to stay clear of this proggie. Um, but one more question, would anyone happen to know how good dvd wizard is in burning games?

6. almasy82

almasy82 Member

Completly bogus. The imperfection that are used for the boot process are impossiable to replicate without pressing the discs.