1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone with a v4 with fliptop/swap magic help me

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dukill, Dec 30, 2003.

1. dukill

dukill Member

I have two dvd writers. A hp 200i which does not seem to work for making backups for a ps2. I burt 4 games all with nero Tony Hawk 4 which worked perfect so far, blitz 2002 also worked, Desert Storm 1 boots but freezes @ different spots, and hot shots golf 3 which i get the pink screen on. I also have a nec 1100a burner that i tried and didnt work. ->-> So can somebody please tell me what you know about these and also what you guys are using for burners and how they work. Perfferiably external. <-<- Thanks for your time

2. DenBeiren

DenBeiren Member

My guess (and i'm not an expert) is that you need a cd loader vor version V6 and down
    You can find everything about cd loaders on this forum and on google

3. Xian

Xian Regular member

Both hp 200i and nec 1100a are DVD+R/RW drives. Many v4 PS2s have trouble reading +R format game disks. I have a v2 and it will only read -R. I use a Pioneer A05 DVD-R and the disks work fine with swap magic. I know my backup of Hot Shots Golf 3 worked with the -R media.

4. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i have a v4 ps2 and all i use are +R media. they are actually cheap no name brand disks from tigerdirect.com but they all work fine for me.

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i also have a v4 and can play+r media. my advice to you is to first check if you version accepets +r media, burn a movie in a +r media and see if it playsback. if it does than your v4 is like mines, can read both +R-R, also you may wanna try different programs if nero isnt working for you. dvd decrypter has been flawless for me.

6. dukill

dukill Member

I know that my ps2 plays dvd+r i have made some back ups that work. I will try to use dvd decrypter i have never used it so if anyone has any guides for ps2 please let me know. Also if anyone can give me some ideas for external dvd writers please let me know. Oh ya do u guys burn at 1x or what? I burn at 2.4x and i was wondering were to find a 1 x burner. Thanks for all the help so far.

7. dukill

dukill Member

jdilla

what dvd burmer are you using?

8. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

There's a guide at Afterdawn here: http://afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr.cfm You really don't even need it. [bold]I ALWAYS burn the .MDS file you get from DVD Decrypter, it has worked perfect.[/bold] I use +R discs from Sony, Fuji and Memorex. Ritek G04 are also some of the best DVDs out there, backup companies like Backup-Services.com use them. Here's a guide I wrote at the DVD decrypter forums: http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=2990&st=15 (You must create a free/easy account there - you will probably eventually anyway!)
    -OAKside24 aka Tom