1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can backup Xbox be read by DVD-RW??

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ozrookie, Mar 21, 2004.

1. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi all,

Just want to know whether Xbox console can be read by DVD-RW...i have try on a brand called FUJIFILM DVD-RW but with no luck.

Cheers :)

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Fuji media sux bad....

Matt

3. Scot

Scot Regular member

Yes, lots of people use dvd +/- rw on the xbox, it just depends on the drive in your xbox and if it will accept the media.

Some drives dont like the rw dvd's, some dont like + format, some dont like - format dvd's. Just depends.

I would first make sure that you are creating your iso properly, make sure your bios is up to date (If you are running and older bios then I would suggest upgrading, either that or make sure to patch the game for media checks) then burn the image that you created (.iso) with record now max or nero.

I have had no problems with fuji dvd's. I have a phillips drive. Verbatim dvd's IMO have been my best brand and have worked on 90% of the xboxes I have worked on.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Thats funny because I have 3 friends that have all bought Fuji including me and had nothing but trouble out of them. They didn't work for DVD movies or XBOX games. Well they sorta worked.. But that doesn't count.. I also have a phillips drive as well. Verbatims have been the only media that has worked everytime for me with no problems at all. So I will have to agree with you on that one.. ALso.. Did you know that you dont have to make a ISO with Record now? You can just drag drop and burn the files.. take it easy

Matt

5. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

try memorexs +rs it works on every thing whith out stuggling

6. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi Motomatt,

Are you talking about Vebatime dvd-r or dvd-rw???
    I try my Fuji dvd-rw it work on the movie but not the Xbox games :(

Let me know which type of media you talking about ok either Vebatime dvd-r or dvd-rw???

Cheers :)

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Verbatim DVD+R is what I use in my XBOX. My friend has a XBOX that wont read +R's. He has to use -R's. I have not had the first problem out of them in my experience with them.. If your having trouble with your media a verbatim will fix it..

Matt

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004