1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can backups be played on the internet ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bofrag, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Bofrag

Bofrag Member

I have the flip top and the swd version 2. I was wondering if my backups can be played on the internet. And if yes how do i do this and what games work on the internet?

for example i tried to play madden online, and it didnt work...

2. Antourage

Antourage Member

Not at the moment. Sony reads for an original disk when you attempt to play online. There is a tool called DNAS that may help with this. It may be available on some sites by the end of the month

3. Woz

Woz Regular member

I have a Messiah chip installed, do this also mean I cant play backup games on my PS2? Thanks in advance.

4. Supreme

Supreme Member

I have played socom, automodelista and tribes online w/ no problem. I think the DNAS is only on EA games and those online RPG type game like everquest.

5. jumbo11

jumbo11 Regular member

and unfortunately SOCOM 2............

6. WEStar

WEStar Active member

lemme clear this up for you guys. antourage, DNAS is not a tool that will help you play backups online, it is actually the protection that sony is using to stop people from playing backups online. supreme, This protection is not limited to EA games only, the reason you are able to play the backups of the games you mentioned online is because DNAS was not implemented at the time of those games. Any game that has come out after NCAA 2004 and all future games will have DNAS and you will not be able to play their backups online. woz, it doesn't matter what mod chip someone might have installed, DNAS is on the game disc and at the server end. Hope this info helps you guys out!

7. WEStar

WEStar Active member

it double posted 'cause of errors ignore this post... too bad we can't delete our own posts

Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  8. Woz

Woz Regular member

Cheers for that WEStar. Great help, really didn't no much info on this subject. Do you think there will be something that will disable the DNAS to play my backups online eventually?

9. WEStar

WEStar Active member

well, supposedly there already is such a thing or it's being worked on. If you read nyjets323 thread on the subject he says that DNAS has already been cracked however, sony has threatened sites and/or people which is hindering the release. If you ask me I don't think it has been cracked 'cause if it had even with sony threatening it would have "leaked" and gotten to the hands of users.