1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can burn CD-RW but not CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by muddie704, Jan 4, 2005.

1. muddie704

muddie704 Member

The problem with my CD Burner is that it can only burn CD-RW and not CD-R. When I stick in a CD-R to burn, it will start the burning process, but after a few minutes it'll stop with an error and it'll say incomplete. At first I thought it was the CD-R pack that I brought so I returned it and got a new package but the same thing occured. I went out to buy another brand of CD-Rs to try and it still won't burn.

I gave up and tried to seek help. ^_^ I usually try to do everything by myself first before asking for help. Well, I was going to contact Emachine thru phone, but saw they had live chat! I went there and it didn't work. Then I was going to email them. Didn't work. They have the worst website ever. They need to fix it. >_>
    I finally came online to research the problem. From the experiences I read, emachine help support sucks.

If anyone here knows a solution, please help. I'd be so thankful!

-Muddie Murda

2. jbruynson

jbruynson Member

my old burner had the exact same problem, i could never figure out why, even the company that made it coudln't figure it out and were just gonna replace the burner, too bad no receipt :(

3. muddie704

muddie704 Member

eek...so they gotta replace my laptop? well, i wouldn't mind...^_^ even though it's not even a year old...thanks for the reply!

4. queeg

queeg Member

Just get in touch with the manufacturer of the laptop for a new drive, or you could even try cleaning it with one of those naff CD cleaners you get from ASDA. Lets face it you haven't got anything to lose now.

The moral of the story is "Dont by an E-machine as there shite"

Hope this helps

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have a Emachine desktop and I love it but anyways you should call them, explaine your problem and they will send you a brand new cd burner. They a have a 1yr warranty on all their products.

FYI-Emachine is made by Gateway.

6. muddie704

muddie704 Member

thanks for the advices guys!! ^_^

-Muddie Murda