1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can burn DVD but cant read....

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Doido75, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Doido75

Doido75 Member

Hello ppl,

Thats wierd. I just solved my problem with nero. but for some time now my Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-852S doesnt want or cant read burned dvds (btw, burned in the same dvd burner). Am I missing something here, or is my dvd burner done for good? Any ideas what i could do about it? I unisntall and reinstall the drive, I update all drivers for the drive, I update the firmware. If this help as info, I recall it starts this problem after an unsuccessfull dvd burn., something like 4 months ago. Since then the dvd is having problem reading all data dvd. It stays like reading and stoping for an eternity, until I stop the process. Again, please, any idea would be appreciate.

Thx in advance

Doido

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

make sure you are using good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim burning no faster than 8x . see if that helps

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  3. Doido75

Doido75 Member

Hello Michael,

Thx for ur reply. Im using Panasonic dvd+r, 4,7gb 1-16x speed. But i dont think the problem is in the media but in the burner itself. It uses to burn any dvd format b4, (-r, +r, rw and dl) but now the dvd+r is the only one he accept to burn without a problem. Then comes the 2nd problem: he cant read those dvds he just burned, neither the old dvds it has burned b4. guess is, the burner is the problem ( dont know if physically or bad configuration or missing drivers, but it seams to be everything alright).

Anyway, im getting out of ideas of what to do.

Again, thx for ur reply.

Doido

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

5. Doido75

Doido75 Member

hello Michael,

Thx for the link, but I already updated the firmaware from this same site, but the things are still the same. Frustrating, i would say.

Anyway, thx.

Doido

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

if thats the case sound like the drive is going bad then

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum