1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Capture PAL but cannot capture NTSC tapes.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by kernalche, May 24, 2004.

1. kernalche

kernalche Member

Hi,

I am using the Winfast Tv 2000 XP Expert. Originally, I cannot even capture my PAL tapes let alone NTSC ones.

But after downloading the latest drivers, the PAL ones seem to capture ok. TV and FM capture isn't an issue too.

Now the problem lies with the NTSC tapes. When I choose from the Video Standard tab and insert PAL, there will be colour but the picture has banding and occasional fuzziness. When I choose NTSC, the banding dissapears but the picture turns B/W and there is fuzziness all over. What seems to be the problem?

My friend told me the problem may lie with the vcr. He told me to choose NTSC output in the VCR so that the VCR ouputs pure NTSC signals. But the problem is, mine doesn't have that option. It has a V-lock which consist of two screws. Sorry but my VCR is an ancient National J1 circa 15 years back.

I tried capturing using Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE and the results are almost similar. But when I reinstalled videoStudio 7 again and chose United States as my country option and NTSC as my choice of TV, the banding and fuzziness vanishes but the picture is still B/W.
    When I revert back to my original setting (country: Singapore and TV system: PAl) the original problem still persists.

Is there any other software capturing software? I tried WinDVR 3 and the results are worse. I can't see anything in the capture box but there is sound though. Maybe it has got to do with the video option. Singapore is under which PAL system? There is like from PAL A to M to choose from.

Here are my pc specs (if it helps)
    Pentium IV 2.6 H/T
    Gigabyte 865PE Mobo
    Maxtor 120Gb HD
    256MB RAM
    GeForce 2 MX 64MB
    Built in soundcard Real
    tek 97

Thanks and Regards.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It could be that your VCR can not Play NTSC tapes...
    Can you play these tapes on your TV useing this VCR??? because a few years back my mother brought a VHS tape back to canada from england and the tape will not play on my VCR because it is a european VHS tape.....Just a Thought