1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Codebreaker be a good substitute for gameshark to help get back up ps2 games to work

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MasterRyu, Aug 22, 2003.

1. MasterRyu

MasterRyu Member

Hi, i have a codebreaker to help boot back up ps2 games. but it doesn't seem to work. I burn with nero enterprise edition but when it comes time to loading the game in my ps2, it fails to read it as a dvd or ps2 game. It always prompts me to insert a ps2 or dvd disk. I made sure the enable code is present and i swap the disk when they instruct me to insert the game and press x. But it won't play. And yes i have a mod chip installed but i'm not sure of its make and model. Can someone tell me what is wrong. Thanx in advance

2. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Are you using the newer version of the Codebreaker that automatically ejects the tray?

That may be the problem.

3. robert34

robert34 Guest

its the other way around. code breaker v6 automatically opens the tray. Code Breaker v7 gives you the choice.

Not sure about Codebreaker v1-v4...maybe they dont open the tray at all

4. jakks

jakks Regular member

Where can i get Code Breaker v7 from, thanks

5. MasterRyu

MasterRyu Member

I have code breaker 3.3 and it doesn't open for me unless i press the eject button. Has anyone out there got codebreaker to work for playing burnt ps2 games? PLease let me know what you did. thanx

6. robert34

robert34 Guest

i got my codebreaker v7 from my local futureshop in canada.

If there CD tray stops spinning then it should be able to swap with a backup.

Start Codebreaker

Go to Start Game

Then do your swap with watever trick you have.

Press x to start.

This would only work if the cd stops spinning when you press start game. Not sure if it can play dvd backups, maybe the same kinda method as gameshark

7. MasterRyu

MasterRyu Member

hi, in regards to swapping ps2 games, what is your trick? I have ver. 3.3 and the disk unforunately does keep on spinningwhen i swap. if i need to make it stop then can you let me know how i can do it. does it stop on it's own after a couple of minutes? and if it does stop how do i swap. i know on an old playstation there was a stupid technique of first putting in a real ps game and then listening for it to spin at a slow speed, and then pop up the lid and swap your game. do i have to do anything hard like that? let me know what your secret is. thanks

8. robert34

robert34 Guest

i dont do this trick myself, havent tried it because i dont have codebreaker v1-v4, i only have v6 and v7.

If the CD stops spinning on its own when you press start game then it will work, if it doesnt stop then your out of luck.

It has to stop spinning, so you can change the cd to your backup without the ps2 knowing you switched discs.

You need a flip top, or you can make a slide card or use a knife to open the tray.

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF THE CD STOPS SPINNING
    if its spnning and you pull out the cd tray with knife trick or slide card then you will most probably wreck your ps2.

I dont have CodeBreaker 3.3, I only have v6 and v7. So I dont know if it will work. But it should work with CD games, again if the cd stops spinning.

Tell me wat happens!

9. Daakuryu

Daakuryu Member

I have a really old version, bought about 2 years ago and I was unsure if my codebreaker worked or not and after reading this thread I decided to test it out.

I have a no swap modchip, don't remember which now but anyway.

After selecting my codes and my pressing start pressed the eject button, put in my game and pressed the x button, it gave me the inser ps2 cd

I tried again but this time after ejecting and putting in the game i wanted to play, i waited a few seconds and the CD started spinning again in the ps2, then I pressed the x and it worked fine.