1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can copying a dvd be traced?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dru22, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Dru22

Dru22 Member

I was wondering if video stores can tell if a movie has been copied. I will be using DVD Shrink, does it put any code onto the disc or anything like that?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

lol, no

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Yes, don't ever do that. ;)

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

not unless you tell them!!!!!!!!!

5. askyew

askyew Regular member

Yes they can unless you wear a special tin foil hat while copying it. Send me a PM and I can set you up for the low price of 19.95+S&H.

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Movie DVDs are DVD-ROM (READ-ONLY). Besides the fact that they aren't evened burned put pressed, there is no way you can imprint anything on it. The FBI can trace back to the source of your copy through electronic fingerprinting which identify the DVD as a rental (even rental location if that info was imprinted on the original), but not who rented or copied it. Just don't be the idiot who returns his burned copy to Netflix or Blockbuster. ;)

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Askyew,

Don't go leading a poor Newbie astray, it's not a laughing matter.

The facts are - If you use DVD XCopy, it does leave a "watermark" so that copied DVD's can be traced back to the program that made them.

Worries about the FBI being able to trace a "copied" DVD are of a major concern to many and have lead to pple being immediately arrested and held without bail in SCIP cells and/or local or State MH facilities. To date no one has ever been held in any type of a Federal Institution and Federal charges have never been filed.

There is some help for the latter problem and for some, it has been a "God-send" it is called an AFDB and is available only over the Internet. It is feared by some that if it were available "Publicly then it would entice some pple to break the law -

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

All statements above are true and should not be taken as a flight of fancy. Fancy flights are those where only First Class tickets are accepted -

SEASON'S GREETINGS all,

Pete

8. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

OMG.... >.< ROFLMAO!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!! I can't believe that site exists!!! I looked at it, couldn't stop laughing for like ten minutes!! Is the dude serious or is that site a joke? LMAO!! :)

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

and you doubt ScubaPete, Ohh you of little faith -

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Pete trust me no one in there right mind would doubt you.

Have a good Xmas and an even better New Year

Andmerr