1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can dvd+r go wtih swap magic?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ndnbolla, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ndnbolla

ndnbolla Member

So i am about to buy swap magic 3.2 right.
    but i dont have a dvd writer yet. i found this really cheap dvd writer for $30 (80-50 mail in rebate). here is a link for it: http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...xpansionOID=-536892754&prodBlockOID=537183531

Anyways can I use DVD+Rs with swap magic. And is there a problem with the loading times for DVD+Rs.. if so how bad is it.

Anyone know where I can get good deals on Swap Magic. If postin the last statement was against rules I apologize for it...

Appreciate it.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dont know anything about the kyphermedia dvd+rw writer but hope its better quality than there media anyway back to the subject if you have a v5+ ps2 then you should be ok with dvd+r media, if you have a v1-4 ps2 then dvd+r may or may not not work

3. ndnbolla

ndnbolla Member

damnit! i got a v4.

4. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

i have a V1 / V2 and i can play DVD+R

5. ndnbolla

ndnbolla Member

well well well... maybe there's hope after all

6. motoxthor

motoxthor Guest

i have a v3 ps2, and mine reads dvd+r's and on my old comp, i had a khypermedia cdr burner, and it worked fine, but dont go with their media...it sux!! and i beleive swap magic works with dvd+r's. But before you spend money on it get a friend to burn you a movie on a dvd+r if possible and if ur ps2 reads it u should b fine.

7. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

i use that same Khypermedia DVD Burner and Ive had no success with it to play DVD+Rs because of the MEDIA I was using (GQ), so it matters mainly about the type of media you are using and not really the burner u r using.

8. ndnbolla

ndnbolla Member

forget about the drive. i got a nicer Optorite 12x dvd+/- DL drive. I also just bought 2 25pack dvd-r tdk 4x for only 9.94 each. what a deal! anyways i could have got 8x instead but i heard that some 8x dont read on v4 ps2's. anyways this tdk 4x dvd-r shou.d work fine on my v4 ps2 right?

9. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

thats what i use instead of the GQ DVD+Rs on my other computer