1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can gameboy advance and DS be played on Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by atapp21, Jan 1, 2008.

1. atapp21

atapp21 Member

Hey yall, I just got a nintendo wii for Christmas and I was wondering can games for gameboy advance and DS be played on the wii console? Is there some time of adapter for it or something?

Thanks for any help given.

2. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Try going to rafadawn's thread and lookup HOW TO MAKE EMULATOR DISCS. I have always wanted to try GBA games on my wii, I just never had the time. I Assume that your wii needs a modchip, you also need the roms, and the EMULATOR.

PS: It was be sweet if you can get DS games to play on your wii, but my guess is that screen would be half. Unless you can get it to work on two screens. :) Good Luck.

3. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

it's a pointless attempt anyways, I know GBA is possible in gamecube mode, but I KNOW that DS is impossible.

It's impractical. Keep in mind that the bottom screen is a TOUCH screen, and from my experience, there are VERY few games you can actually play w/o a stylus on the DS. Unless someone went through the effort of making the wii-mote like a long-distance stylus (which it hurts the brain to even think about) then it is quite impossible, not to mention that don't even have a proper one running on the PC, which is much more powerful than the wii, and that some games run in a novel-book form and not the standard sideways form, I would say it's safe to forget about commercial DS emulation period.

You gotta hand it to nintendo though, making it hard to emulate on such a technicality, you at least have to buy the hardware now lol.

4. atapp21

atapp21 Member

Thanks wiiches and Brucedlx. I was just curious about if it was possible this is nothing I want to make mods to my wii about. Just testing the waters to see what was out there. Thanks again.

5. Emjei2k

Emjei2k Regular member

I wouldn't say impossible for a DS Emulator on the Wii. I know it can be done. Sure the screen is touch screen, but just like the DS emu for PC in wich you use the mouse cursor as the stylus , why not have the Wiimote cursor as the Stylus ? Very possible, especially now that the Wii has finally been hacked.
    Incase you havent heard about it,

Demostration Vid: Wii Hacked

More INfo

Future Plans

6. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

yes dude I'm well aware of the wii getting hacked, and yes, technically it would be possible to use the wiimote as a stylus (through a lot of painstaking effort and code writing), but that still leaves lots of issues.

The wiimote is nowhere near as sensitive or precise as the touchscreen of a DS. This would lead to a lot of frustration when playing games.

DS Emulation is iffy EVEN on the PC, and I've yet to see a console emulator which works better than a PC one, since the console emulators are all just ports of PC ones anyways.

There is still the issue of storybook style games (like marvel card trading game) which you play with the DS sideways. Either you would have to play lying down or turn your TV sidewas for those.

But yes, I do admit, SOME games would be nice to see emulated. Final fantasy 3 is a perfect example, it's practically a PS2 game in the first place.