1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can gateway 3ds flashcard play Homebrew? or recommend me another flashcart that can play Homebrew

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by hsieh, Mar 10, 2014.

1. hsieh

hsieh Newbie

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. yadonjeffrey

yadonjeffrey Newbie

3. Torres008

Torres008 Member

If you have updated your N3DS to v7.1.0-16, i'm afraid,you cant use gateway 3ds any more, currently, gateway 3ds can just support 3ds games on N3DS V4.5-4.1. So,if you are in the market for card that support homebrew, suggested you buy r4i gold like this one : http://www.modchipwarehouse.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-ds-lite-p-1.html ,this card will be a good choice for playing nds games and homebrew, and it can directly work on 3ds and dsi latst firmware .

4. Andrew211

Andrew211 Member

just know that Gateway support all 3DS roms to date. Have no idea about homebrew.

5. dana12

dana12 Newbie

NO for the 3DS MODE
    Yes for the DS MODE.
    The GW3DS Red Card that runs 3DS roms does not yet support running unsigned homebrew games and apps, but the GW3DS Blue card that is used to set-up the Gateway Mode on the Nintendo 3DS can be used to run NDS Homebrew on 3DS.
    GW3DS Team is currently hard at work on unlocking the 3DS Mode so that running Homebrew would become possible!
    the site u recommended is excellent , i will got a r4i gold 3ds from them for playing homebrew, acutally this one : http://www.usar4.com/r4i-gold-3ds-r4i-gold-3ds-flashcart-for-2ds-3ds-xl-3ds-and-ds-lite-p-1.html