1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I back up a Blu-ray movie on on ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by caliph, Nov 27, 2007.

1. caliph

caliph Guest

Hey everyone, I was wondering if it's possible if you can backup a blu-ray movie on your ps3...? I saw it done here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSk06mu-agU but i was a little skeptical if you can do that without a blu-ray drive and on a dual layer disc (fitting 20 gb on a dual layer disc)?
    thanks

2. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

It's easier to download scene releases as they are preconverted so u dont have to wait 2 days to encode the movie. Usual size for a 720p mkv is 2.5-4 gb. Some modifications(not re enoding)are needed.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  3. caliph

caliph Guest

oh snap, sorry about that. Should I just create a new thread or notify a moderator? thanks for telling me btw.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  4. John1800

John1800 Member

Wouldn't it be about the same price to just buy a second movie if the other goes bad? Blue-ray is expensive. That's why PS3 will be almost useless to mod.

5. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

this is what a ps3 is used for

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

7. caliph

caliph Guest

okay so back to the topic, where would I go about downloading preconverted scenes? or any other ways to go about doing it?

8. SwellBo

SwellBo Member

another reason why ps3 is the best

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I want a grill like that...lmao. That was pretty amusing. I saw an actual one with a steak being cooked on it on youtube.

Anyway back to the topic. They have a tool that you can use as the other os to back them up (sorry I don't remember the name something like ps3 swiss army tool) ,but I don't know if there is way of watching them off of the HDD yet.

That's the best idea as of now.

10. caliph

caliph Guest

hmm interesting. i hope its not against the rules to ask this, but where can i download the preconverted scenes?
    thanks

11. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

can't really link you to them because that is against the forum rules, but look into something called "torrents". However, don't download something that you don't already own, because teh point of downloading the files is to have backup to play without the disc so it doesn't get scrathced or damaged.

12. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

you can goto vcdquality.com to see what is out on the net. Unfortunately, you're gonna have to figure the rest out yourself.