1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Backup an iso image without burning it?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Thewicker, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

Hello. I was wondering if i could repair the "(safedisk,securom,or other protections)"
    without burning them with blinwrite or alcohol...I mean i bought an original cd and made an .iso file and it is
    protected,but i do not have such a powerfull recorder that could repair this protections.So i was wondering if i could repair the isos and then burn them?
    is there a way i can delete this protection,before burning it to a cd?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Discussion about removing protections is not allowed here however you can always burn the image as a dataCD and run it off something like Daemontools whenever you need it. Odds are you will have to use something along the lines of Alcohol/BWrite/Clone to duplicate the protections etc

3. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

All i want is to backup my original CD,because i dont want my original cd gets broken or something like that.So i was asking for assistance.Please

4. Praetor

Well your question is a little vague... you want to make a duplicate of your CD without burnin it? Wont happen unless you just save the ISO straight forwards as a DataCD

5. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

I want to burn it.I made an iso from my original CD and now i want to make a backup CD. But i was asking if i could remove the protections(securom,safedisk..) while it is stil an iso file.Then i will burn it to my cd.

6. Praetor

1. Discussion about hacking protections and such is in direct contradiction to the forum rules.

2. Why would you want to remove the protection? If and when you patch the game it will look for the protection and well...

3. Why dont you just burn it as a perfect backup?????

7. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

Because i have a stupid recorder who does not want to overwrite the securom nad safedisk

8. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

if i dont remove it the game from my new cd wont install.The setup ends at 49% or 34%.And all ends

9. Praetor

10. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

Can you tell me if this recorder is a two,one or none sheep burner? TX Venus II 6S48?

11. Praetor

12. Thewicker

Thewicker Member

i really dont know what company makes it...
    i told the name,that is everything that i could figure out from my computer TX venus II -is written on my recorder and the 6s48 thing i figured out from my control panel.Sorry my english is a little bit weird.also on the clone cd forum i have downloaded a file with bad sectors. - it said if you can write the file on your recorder and than when your cd is made you have to copy the file back to your hard disk - when you succed than this recorder it a 2 sheep recorder.And i did it.i dont know if this is a fake or what. but then i ve copied another file also for 2 sheep recorders ,but with woooooooorsse sectors than the first one and i failed.How can i make a backup if i have a 1 sheep recorder?is this possible?