1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I brick even while not in the process of downgrading?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by timidus, Mar 8, 2007.

1. timidus

timidus Member

Hi everyone,

I have all the symptoms of my psp being bricked. It was running 3.10OE-A. Here's what happened. I was playing SNES Rom Final Fantasy II. Turned it off, turned it back on the next day and it was resuming play, I pressed the HOME button because I wanted to play my UMD. It got stuck on the please wait screen. I couldn't turn it off with the switch, so the only way was to get the battery out. When I tried powering back on, I get the "bricked" psp symptoms. Is it possible that my psp got bricked this way? Any help is appreciated.

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

I never heard of that before, but even if the game writes on flash ... it should be semi-brick.

3. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

yes! if you screw up the files in your custom firmware.

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

the snes emulator doesnt touch custom firmware files

the only way it would be possible is if you used the ME version that uses flash...but I still dont see that being possible.....I use it all the time and never a single problem....did you happen to put in a new topmenu_plugin.rco?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  5. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

kinda. i remember when i kept on pasting and deleting files then all of a sudden my psp couldn't start up. thank god there's a recovery. :D

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

ive had nesterJ (all versions) hook on me, but at the same time, its never crashed my fw...that sounds like you were doing more with your psp than just playing FF..lol

7. timidus

timidus Member

man, this just confuses me even more. Because in all honesty, all I had done was play FF. I use two different memory sticks, the only other thing is maybe I had the other memory stick (the one that doesn't have the snes game) in there when I turned it on?

Man any ideas I'm up for trying. Thanks a bunch everyone.