1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i burn CD-R for second time.. Its possible only in FRONTECH CD's... WHY?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ayyappa, Jan 1, 2010.

1. ayyappa

ayyappa Guest

CD... with READ MANY , WRITE TWICE.... CHARACTERISTICS?..?
    1. Is there any cd in which we can burn the cd twice, so that at the second burn, we can delete the cd contents completely before burning? Also , READ MANY times, characteristics

( i know that there is WRITE ONCE READ MANY cds...)

2. In a general, in REWRITTABLE CD, can i disable the writing (burning) of cd , after two times... if so , pls send me the link to program in such a way....

3. I have a SONY CD, in which i have already burnt, i have lot of free space in it.... its CD-R.... when i try to burn for the second time , i coudnt burn.in it...

Whereas i have the same CD-R of a company named FRONTECH-PLUS... in which i can burn any number of times since there is lot of memory space.....

Why is it so....? is such re-burning a advantage or disadvantage....

can i change some settings to make the same CD-R to get ready for second burn....
    17 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

You can make a multi session disk with any kind of cd or dvd. Meaning you can write files to a disk close the session but don't finalize the disk. This allows you to write on the remaining space of the disk. This is only on option if you do a data disk.

A RW disk with do #1

For scenario #2 I would recommend starting with an RW and when you want to keep it as is, just copy the disk to a recordable only disk.

Disk are becoming a thing of the past and most people have switched to usb memory sticks. They are much more flexible to use.