1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I burn my ritek GO3 faster than 1X

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by allin, May 17, 2003.

1. allin

allin Regular member

I just got the G03s today and was only able to burn at 1x. Is there a way in which I can burn them faster? Im using the pioneer A05 with the firmware version being 1.21.

2. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

ya my ritek Go3's burn at 2x when using my dvr-105 which is supoosedly the same as AO5. I had to update it thru this firmware upgrade here...

http://www.meritline.com/op47dvmedfor.html

and not only that, BUT u can actually start ripping at more than 2.1 x with ur dvr-105..an added benefit!

3. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

Oh ya , I forgot..they say the upgrade works for 1x optodisc media..which is true...but so far, it worked for ALL my 1x medias, not just optodisc.

4. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

5. allin

allin Regular member

Thanks for the info and links guys.

6. markke

markke Guest

I upgraded my Pioneer A05 with the firmware that allows me to burn 1x Ritek G03 to 2x. Yes it burns at the 2x, but they all stutter,skip, and give pixelation when I play them on any of my 3 desktop players. So I just burn at 1x anymore and they are fine

7. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

If I were you I would return my A05, sounds like you got a faulty one. Its either that or you hardware setup. If others are doing it and your not then its gotta be somthing on your end. I burn G03's at 2x with zero problems.

8. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

I never had a dvd media that caused pixelation...all pixelation i see comes from compression software. The only thing i notice from bad media is picture lockups.