1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I burn on a DVD+R instead of a DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MLGMLS, May 3, 2004.

1. MLGMLS

MLGMLS Member

Hello,
    Sorry if you all have already answered this question. I searched the forum and couldn't find it. Well, here it goes:

Can I burn on a DVD+R instead of a DVD-R using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. My DVD Drive supports all types of media DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW. Just asking because I have a stack of DVD+Rs that haven't been used. Plus, I'm worried that my dvd player may not play dvd-r as my friend's dvd player doesn't support dvd-r.
    Thanks in advance.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

The quick answer is yes of course you can burn to +R instead of the -R format ;-)

The same rules apply to the software(s) involved no matter which format of blank media you choose to go with.
    All I would say is that you want to use as good media as possible because poor/inferior media can casue an awful lot of problems along the way.
    If you get errors on playback with media , then try burning at a slower setting or simply buy decent media [lol]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Afterdawn Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    Afterdawn Rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: May 3, 2004
  3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Way ta go herbsman!

Short and strait to the point! ;)

4. MLGMLS

MLGMLS Member

Thanks! Now that you answered that question, I have another. I just tried to copy pirates of the caribbean and the file appears to be too big to copy onto a regular DVD+R. What can I do to fix this? How do I shrink it? Also, I am using DVD Decrypter and when I have to choose my source to burn the movie I have two files: one ends with .ISO
    and the other with .MDS
    Which one do I use?
    Once again thanks in advance.
    :)

5. herbsman

6. MLGMLS

MLGMLS Member

Thank you so much for your assistance! I have burned the movie and it works great! This software is awesome. You get menus and extras - an exact copy of the movie FOR FREE! Couldn't ask for anything better!

7. herbsman

MLGMLS your quite welcome & thank you for coming back to show a little appreciation ;-)