1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i burn Playstation 2 games without a DVD reader and only a dvd writer? only 2.2gigs of space on a hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bns96gt, Dec 5, 2003.

1. bns96gt

bns96gt Member

ok guys the name says it all. also i am looking at the DSM3 for my Playstation 2 in order to play back up games is this a good choice?

Thanks
    Louie Panayi

2. Hammy

Hammy Guest

You're going to have an awfully tough time. In order to do it with only the burner, you have to write the image to a temp location on your hard drive, then swap out for the DVD-R and burn the image. Since many games will be much larger than 2.2 gigs, you have a dilema.

Hammy

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Not necessarily. You could choose to burn the game "on the fly" which means you burn it directly from you dvd drive to your dvdr. If you can it is better to burn an image to the hd first but in most cases "on the fly" will work.

4. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

The only problem I see is that if there is only 1 drive. You can't do "on the fly" with only 1 drive.

5. bns96gt

bns96gt Member

Ok guys thanks for the replies, but i have found out that i can just go ahead and do away with some of the partitions and end up with a HD with more than 2.2 gigs. wouls around 4.4 gigs take care of everything? or should i throw three together and leave me at around 6.6?

Also how long would this process take start to finish?
    create and image + burn image = time?

Thanks.
    It will most likely be a dvdr and 4x speed.
    Thanks
    Louie Panayi

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Well the largest games out there are about 4.35GB (not counting dvd9 games) so you should be alright. Burning at 1X (which is recomended) the whole process may take about an 1.75 hours depending on the size of the games. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003