1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I connect my xbox360 to my pc to go online?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by zincy, Apr 19, 2007.

1. zincy

zincy Member

Hey all

I was wondering if I can connect my xbox360 to my pc usuing crossover wire to go on xbox live? Or my only option is via a router?

many thanks
    zincy

2. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

you can . but you have to use Internet Connection Sharing in order to have the 360 use your internet.

3. zincy

zincy Member

thanks i might give this a try if its not too hard

4. steimy

steimy Active member

do you have 2 ethernet ports on your PC? If not then i would get a router because you will have to unplug the modem to PC cord and plug the Xbox into the modem every time you want to play.
    A router makes it easy as it has multiple ports to plug into. If you really want to go all out spend about $150 and get a Linksys wireless router & linksys wireless gaming adapter and you will not have to worry about cords at all.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1030266&CatId=2667
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1533893&CatId=1594

I can tell you 100% that those will work with Xbox and Xbox 360 as that is what i have.

5. zincy

zincy Member

thank you
    seem best method is to get wireless adapter.

the reason why i asked is cos my desktop is next to my xbox360 and the router is further away. But my desktop is connected wirelessly

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Xbox has a wireless adapter too, but it is like $100 so i just used the gaming adapter i had.

If you already have the wireless set up, then the adapter should be all you need. But if you are that close you could also wire it into any open ports on the PC with a crossover cable. I got my 50 foot cable for $12.99 at CompUSA.