1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I convert pal dvd's to ntsc before I burn to dvd-r?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tanyet, Apr 11, 2002.

1. tanyet

tanyet Member

I bought a pal disc the other day that will not be on ntsc anytime soon. I can get rid of the region code and macrovision in smartripper but how do I convert the pal signal to ntsc. I'll need to do this to watch the film on my ntsc television.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

2. fizzlepop

fizzlepop Member

Hi, I was just doing a general search for information on converting a PAL DVD to NTSC and came across your post. I'm having the same problem.. I bought a PAL DVD that the studio has no plans on releasing on NTSC format and would like to convert it to NTSC. I've got the vobs on my HD and I usually use DVD2AVi and then frameserve to TMPGenc. On my first couple of tries, I got choppy video... I think I got that problem fixed (or at least reduced), but now every time there is motion on the screen, there seems to be some flashing on the screen.. I don't know much about some of the advanced options in TMPGenc, but I'm sure the answer's in there somewhere.. just wondering if you had any more luck than I did..

Thanks,

3. gt_wreck

gt_wreck Member

the only major differences between pal and ntsc are resolution and frame rate. If you are using dvdtoavi or dvdx anywhere in your process you can change the resolution and frame rate to an acceptable 720X480 and 23.97 respectively. you may be missing a little on the top and bottom though.

4. cleanboy

cleanboy Member

Use Canopus Dv convertor