1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I convert .VRO files to MP3?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DigiKlutz, Feb 10, 2007.

1. DigiKlutz

DigiKlutz Member

Hi. First posting from an ignoramous - I have a Panasonic DVD recorder/PVR on which I have recorded digital radio programmes. I have copied these to a DVD-RAM disc with the intention of playing them in an MP3 player. Sadly, the audio files are in .VFO format (with associated .IFO and .BUP files). Is there any way I can convert these audio files into MP3 format and if so how?

2. gogmagogg

gogmagogg Member

I just solved this same problem using a software program called Switch, which converts loads of different file types to all manner of audio files. The freeware version will do the trick. Very easy to use. Some of the optional bundled programs are also worth having. I just used Wavepad to trim and edit a radio show I recorded on dvd-rw and converted to mp3 with Switch. Seems to be free of malware and spyware. Go get it:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html

3. DigiKlutz

DigiKlutz Member

Thanks gogmagog for the suggestion, but unless I have missed something, it appears that unfortunately Switch does not include .VFO in the range of formats it can recognise/convert. Presumably your problem was the conversion of a format type different from .VFO?

4. gogmagogg

gogmagogg Member

My file extension was .VRO I think, which must be very similar (recorded on a Samsung DVD-R122). I didn't see it listed in Switch either, but I gave it a go and bingo. Gotta be worth a shot.