1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i cool my dvd player??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dankehoe1, Dec 14, 2001.

1. dankehoe1

dankehoe1 Guest

i have an apex 600a and sometimes, the thing just freezes up and will not respond to any commands other than the off button. i then have to launch the disk again, and navigate to the scene where i left off. it does this with several different titles, but not always with the same title. for instance, sometimes well, lets say the matrix for example will play fine all the way through, and sometimes it will freeze, as well as other titles. it seems totally random, but i am thinking it could be an overheat problem. can i rig a fan in the unit some how? thanks.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yeah, it definately is a overheating problem, my own Apex AD600a is now in trashbin just because of the overheating issue. Try to find fans to install inside the player, make more holes to the player (it only has few holes in the bottom, make few in the top) and never, ever put it on top of TV/VCR or vice versa -- keep it separate from other appliances, so it can "breathe" freely.