1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I copy a movie so as to watch it from my PC straight through?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by OFoley, Aug 21, 2004.

1. OFoley

OFoley Member

I am simply trying to copy a DVD to my hard drive, and watch it from there. I have been able to use Shrink fine, but I get a bunch of .vob files and I keep having to open each one in order to watch that chapter of the movie. Is there a way to save the movie to an icon on the desktop so I can just click it and watch the movie in its entirety? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

When using PowerDVD or WinDVD just use the option to open files on your hard disk then open the folder that contains all the VOB,IFO,BUP files :)

3. woof811

woof811 Regular member

the folder your looking for should look like this VIDEO_TS this will then play right through.

4. OFoley

OFoley Member

Is there a way to get PowerDVD as Freeware, or does someone know a way for me to use it free? I tried WinDVD, but it really didn't work very well. I want to try the trick of PowerDVD to open up an entire folder, perhaps that will work. I tried using Shrink/Decrypter to combine all the .vob into 1 file, but the video became choppy after a while, and when I used Windows Media Player to play it there was no "counter" that indicated how much time had elapsed etc...

5. Nephilim

Hi,

You can get OEM PowerDVD dirt cheap on ebay if you want. I haven't used WinDVD for ages but it should have the same feature to open a VIDEO_TS folder.

There aren't any free software DVD players that I'm aware of. The required codec must be licensed and that costs money.

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

7. Nephilim

So MPC comes with the correct codec? That's good to know if it does :)