1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I copy DVDs that are copyright?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mleahleg, Nov 1, 2004.

1. PS2+help

PS2+help Guest

CLONE DVD IS THE BESTSOFTWARE TO BURN A DVD + ITS LEGAL AND REMOVES THE COPYRIGHT OF THE DVD TRY IT.
    PS. IT ONLY BURNS DVD!!!!!!!!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

PS2+help,

No all caps.

3. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

I agree that Clone DVD is a good software. However, I think no one can beat DvD Shrink and Nero. These are two versatile products. This is just my personal opinion. Whatever works for is the 'Best Solution'.

Peace

Sam~

4. epsos

epsos Guest

clone dvd2.2 is the software im having problems with it may remove the protection but wehn u put it into a dvd player it jus black i have anydvd aswell

5. tinkoo81

tinkoo81 Member

@epos

Can you be little bit more specific. Are your burnt DvDs bad and unplayable? or you can not decrypt them.

I would suggest you to update your Drives Firmware (Check Manufacturer's website) and update your burning software.

The best thing is use DVD Shrink to decrypt to your Video Dvds and then use Nero (DvD Video option) to burn dvds. There are very good guides about how to backup dvds using Dvd Shrink and Nero, on this site. I would recommend you to go over them. Also, when using DvD Shrink, make sure AnyDvD is not running and your Clone DvD Virtual Image Drive is turned off (Clone DvD image drive created problems for me, you can use Alcohol 120% if you can't give up image drive).

Hope this helps......

Peace

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have dvd shrink, PlatinumRF, Alcohol & nero. I have Anydvd & dvd43 too. I burnt 30 dvds this weekend for my brother. I found that by using platinum it was slightly quicker, overall, than shrink was. I was copying movie & episodic dvds, all of similar size.I can read a 7.5gig movie dvd in 25-26mins & burn it in 12-13mins. Shrink reads the same in 35mins & burns in about 20mins. My version of shrink is the latest (I have read that the latest is slower, not sure if this is true though!) I really like my platinum. In the express version you can use a second burner & the prog will automatically burn for you when it has finished reading the disc.(I know this isn't space age but it does help!) I know there are a lot of people out there who have had loads of problems with this software, due to conflicts & the infamous blacklist! I guess I am one of the lucky ones. In reality, I only use my platinum for copying, as I have found it the quickest to do the job. I activated an xcopy product only last week, but I have to agree, how much longer? I would like to stress that this is just my opinion. there are many who hate it, I love it! I would also say that my PC has 2 hard drives, one for gaming & the other for burning. I have found that this keeps my problems to a minimum.