1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i do any damage trying my motherboards SATA to flash?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newbie234, Dec 6, 2007.

1. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

im currently waiting for my SATA card to arrive, but didnt really think about trying my motherboards SATA ports..

can i do ANY damamge to either my xbox drive or computer by trying tio flash my drive with them? whats the worst that can happen?

thanks

2. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

i'm pretty sure i've already answered this question for you, but no, you won't do any damage. the drive will either be recognized or it won't. if it is recognized, then go for it.

i think i mentioned that i flashed the hitachi 78fk off the sata connections off my motherboard a few days ago (see link below). it worked fine.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/595403

3. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

yeah sorry my bad, i complketely forogt about that, im trying to get my head straight before i start flashing, ill give it a go in a minute then and see what happens...will post the results in an hour or so.

anytihng i need to do to my computer bios or anytihng before i try and get it in mode B via the slax disc?

thanks

4. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

make sure raid is set to "no" or "off". other than that, you don't have to do anything. when you hook things up, turn on the xbox 360 a second or so before your computer.

5. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

in the BIO, where will RAID be?

i cant fid anytihng to do with raid? will that appear when i put my PCI card in? can a PCI card affect what options youg et in the BIOS?

thanks

6. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

in the BIO, where will RAID be?

i cant fid anytihng to do with raid? will that appear when i put my PCI card in? can a PCI card affect what options youg et in the BIOS?

thanks

7. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

ive double chekced and i cant find RAID anywhere, where is it in your BIOS? will it appear when i have the SATA card installed?

thanks

8. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

i don't remember where i saw it. if you can't find it, it's not on. i don't think all bios have that setting. just go ahead and see if your hitachi is recognized by your pc