1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Downgrade any psp to Version 1.50??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Boot_Leg, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Boot_Leg

Boot_Leg Member

As a newbie to the PSP, I wanted to know if I can buy any PSP and downgrade the firmware to 1.50 or do I have to search to find one for sale? Also, do they have mod chips or something like it for PSP? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Its possible to downgrade your PSP if its version 3.03 or lower. If you have a lower one then just upgrade it to one which can be downgraded. You can get a modchip but its kind of a waste since you can get the custom firmware which works the same, and its free. And the modchip is hard to install and delicate. But if your buying one, make sures its firmware is not higher then 3.03 if you want to downgrade it.

3. Greed0

Greed0 Member

where do i look for the firmware #?

4. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

you have to turn on the psp and go to system info in the menus and it will say it there.

5. diego1361

diego1361 Member

make sure you don't just run Network Update, because tehn you'll have firmware 3.30 or 3.40 or w/e. You can get most of the info you need from Psp-hacks