1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I edit hd advance menu screen?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by starcrud, Apr 10, 2005.

1. starcrud

starcrud Member

is there software to do this? Im curious as to if one could change or customize their own personalized hd loader screen. thanks

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

yes i know it can be doen with the HD Loader mem card exploit but ive not tried it at all. It may also be possible with the HDA Mem card exploit but im not 100% on that one

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Once you get to the exploits then don't even worry about HdAdvance. It's the same as HDL. Once you apply patches to it the HDL.ELF is actually advanced over HDA. And yes, you can change the menu and splash screens. And a lot of other things too. :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  4. starcrud

starcrud Member

Gee thanks for the swift response. I've seen this HDL.elf file but how do I access it or edit? And also with regards to the HDL exploits, can I use an ordinary memory card?

5. starcrud

starcrud Member

Is there a tutorial on patching hd loader to change screens? Nothing totally fancy really, just even editing splash screens and menu wordings then saving it to the iso or whatever. Please help.