1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i encode dvds faster HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dagaguru, Jan 26, 2005.

1. dagaguru

dagaguru Member

i have a 80 GB 512mbddr sony vaio desktop
    PC with a liteon 411ws dvd burning drive, i think 4x is max. I use DVDShrink 3.2 and i edit out all the french subtitles, spanish audio and stuff like that basically i keep only the highest english audio and english subtitles. It takes about 1 hour for a dvd to be ecoded, burning is ok though it takes about 10-15 min with nero. is there anyway i can speed up the encoding process? i close all programs except shrink when i am burning. I have netflix and burn a lot of DVDs so the encoding time can become a nuisance sometimes. PLEASE HELP. Any responses I get would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks for your time and consideration.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I read your response to another thread about audio. I also like to listen to DTS soundtracks more than dolby, but not at the expense of more compression. If a movie needs more than 25% compression I settle for the dolby because the DTS track is twice as big. The reason I brought it up was because it will affect the encoding time. I also have a Vaio and love it. I had an issue with the speed of my computer in general so I upgraded my ram to a gig. I also invested in a faster burner and Rom. I still wasn't happy with the capabilities of the DVD rom(16x,but no +R DL support) so I ended up buying another burner. Besides burning much faster it also reads a lot faster. I average about 20 min a backup at 8x and 14 min at 16x. I suggest at the very least buy a faster burner. My friends and I have been using Emprex burners for the last 2 years and after using the shit out of them they still run like champs. Last I looked you can get a 16x dual format double layer for $60 at Fry's or Outpost.com. That should speed things up.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005