1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Extract Some of a DVD9?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by abrogard, Nov 5, 2013.

1. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

I have been trying to back up a DVD9 to DVD5 and I can't. I tried DVDShrink and it made a disk my computer will play but not my standalone dvd player. I tried DVDRebuilder and the same thing happened.

The DVD9 exists as files on my computer, put there by DVD Decrypter.

I was wondering if I could/should pull out one or two of those big >1G .vob files and burn them as separate movies. Perhaps that would work better?

Would that be a good idea? What could I do it with?

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Shrink:select 'Re-author', drag 'Title 1' from the right to left pane then click on the double arrow thingie and select the chapters for the first part and 'Backup'.
    Clear the left pane and repeat for the rest of the movie.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

There is a tutorial in guides section if you need more info for shrink

would pay to set output size to custom & type 4485 in shrink

for individual titles as attar mentioned:
    use shrink's "cut front & end frames" to reduce the movie size even further,reducing overall size increases overall quality as it will require less compression

another option if your insistent on backup of a whole dvd9 is to run menushrink & delete the backup folder menushrink creates it also makes navigation faster

other option is use dvdfab customize which allows removal of individual useless titles while keeping rest of dvd intact including menu,again it would pay to run menushrink first before editing dvd with fab

final option forget about shrinking from 9 to 5 (< that's funny right there.. :p) & create mkv's instead with vidcoder

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013