1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I flash Xbox360 in Windows and how to Restore?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by aaur4, Jun 9, 2007.

1. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

Hi guys,
    I have the connectivity kit and want to flash my Samsung drive.

1) Can I flash it while in Windows running the CMD? I have read some tutorials which says so.

2) How do I restore the drive? Do I need to keep a copy of the original firmware? Does the new Xtreme 5.3 omit the need of the original firmware?

As quoted: "The new RESTORE does not need any backup, it will 100% restore your drive back to "ORIGINAL" state as long as it is visible in Windows!"

If I require the original firmware, can I just get another one and change the drive key to mine? How do I do it?

Any tips or links to guides would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

1 - the samsung has to be flashed in dos before windows boots up. there are a few ways of doing this but i would suggest the Mtkflash command. (with the appropriate disk)

2 - You will need to keep a copy of your orig firmware. To restore a drive, if in dos and using mtkflash you will have the orig file on a floppy / USB and can type mtkflash w /m /sata orig.bin at the command promptand that will put it back to how it was

the restore that you are talking about i would guess is for hitachi's as sammys are not visable in windows. They all have to be flashed from dos before booting into windows.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  3. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

thank you shinnster for the great help. i really, really appreciated it. ur tips + the guide made me finish modding in 1 hour + testing. i'd say im satisfied for the first time modding

have only tested original games though, still burning a backup.

Update: YES! it read my Gears of War backup straight on the first try.
    Thanks for the help~

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Not a problem dude, Glad to help out :)