1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I force 2x burn?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Itzamna36, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Itzamna36

Itzamna36 Regular member

The Verbatim discs I have are 4x,6x, and 8x. That's what most programs will only allow them to be burnt at, but DVD Decryptor will burn at any speed I want. Will writing at 2x, even though it doesn't support it not work well? I don't want to make coasters finding out, so was wondering if anyone knew.

Writing at 4x, I have some minor glitches here and there in the games, nothing major, but would be nice to not have them period. Thanks for any help.

2. keras

keras Regular member

No, you can imput 2x, but it will actually burn at the slowest speed that your media supports, which sounds like 4x

3. Itzamna36

Itzamna36 Regular member

Alright, thanks for the info. Guess I'll need to get some that support 2x then.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

You Really don't want to back up games on a disc less then 4X. I would go with the 8X.
    I use phillips DVD-R 8X discs and they work every time. I set DVD Decrypter to 1x when i burn, but it actually burns at 3.8X on my Dell.
    But like i said it works every time. If you set it to 1X and it burns at 4X and the games work then you don't have a problem. The glitches are usually caused by the media you use or your burner being out of date.
    I use DVD Decrypter for all my games and they all work just fine. Also if you are doing them on +R try
    -R instead or visa versa. Some PS2's are picky about what type of media they like, and even though i know a lot of people use Verbatim, they are still cheap discs.

5. Itzamna36

Itzamna36 Regular member

I do use 8x discs. I just want to burn slower. Most of the games are fine, but once in awhile one is just a bit glitchy, nothing big. But, I've noticed when burning DVD movies, that the beginnings are usually smooth, when the burn rate is still low, then as the burn rate increases, the movie begins to glitch. This was before I dropped down to 4x burning though. Haven't had much problems since. I use to burn them at full speed before I knew better.