1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i get away with not chipping my ps2 + still play back ups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by and, May 28, 2003.

1. and

and Member

hi guys i am new to all of this i was wondering if i could back up my ps2 games and play them without chipping it. is there a disc what i can put in first and play which will allows me to play my backups if so what is it called and where can i get it

2. cheib

cheib Member

Unfortunately the only way you will be able to play them without installing a chip is to either use a no solder mod w/swap magic discs or use a fliptop case or even the slide card, but you still need to swap magic discs. do a search on google and you'll find what your looking for

3. billz

billz Active member

the knife trick will work but it is dangerous why don't you click on the ad for ps2 stuff in the forum here.it easybuy2000.com they have a package deal of no-solder modchip and swap disk for 34.99 pretty easy to install there a good company

4. and

and Member

i have read about the swipe card and sounds good but will it play all backup disks either dvd or cd if so are they easy 2 install and where can i get one from im interested if they play all games. if not what about the flip top with the swipe magic disc will they play all backups.

5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

go with the flip top over the slide card
    there will be much less of a chance of you damaging your ps2

with almost every mod there are games that cant play there are very few that wont play with a flip top but there are many more that wont play with the no solder chip

if you want more info on flip tops there is a good thread thats almost like a new topic in it self

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/25025