1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i get more bass without buying anything?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by jiggles, Jun 13, 2007.

1. jiggles

jiggles Guest

i was wonderin if i could get more bass or make it louder without buying an thing like would bigger wires help?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  2. JVC

JVC Active member

Bigger wires won't help.
    If you can't increase bass within the receiver's settings, or if you have a subwoofer, and can't get more bass by turning up volume, with knob on the back, you'll just need a bigger and better subwoofer.

You haven't given any info about your system. It's hard to say for sure, not knowing what you have.

If you don't have a subwoofer, the speakers you're using must not have good enough woofers in them, to satisfy you. If you have a Dolby Digital surround system, go into your receiver's setup menus, and set your speakers to "Large", if you don't have a subwoofer. If you do have a subwoofer, set the speakers to "Small", so all the bass will go to the sub.

3. jiggles

jiggles Guest

would a better reciever do any thing cus im using some 15$ sony it works nice with my antique 18's but i know they have more capability than what there doin

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  4. JVC

JVC Active member

I would think a nice new receiver might sound better than a $15 Sony.....................

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

hmmmm