1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get some feedback on Downloading Games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stros, Oct 23, 2007.

1. stros

stros Member

Okay, i'm trying to download some games, I have looked on here and got some information, but I don't know if its my lack of information thats causing the problem or the problem is the downloading it self.

First off, I purchased an unlimited membership from newsgroups.com Downloaded there newsgroup downloader which is "NewsRover" I have been trying to download games for the past few days. I was able to get 1 full one, but i have tried about 4-5 other games and the messages are trying to download, and then coming up as "message no longer exists on server" Although when this comes up, about 75% of the files are already downloaded. I'm searching for .nzb files and downloading all the content when i'm getting this error.

Secondly, I have tried using Torrent websites, Which are slow but I realize it maybe the only way to get a complete file. I'm currently using DEMONOID, Its fairly decent but doesn't have a few of the games i'm looking for. Does anyone use a torrent website that might be better?

And last of all, this morning I was searching the web and came across www.everything4360.com Has anyone ever used this site? It looks like it might be worth the $30 but having already spen $18 on a newgroups monthly membership I'm already somewhat skeptical.

Let me know what you guys think if theres anything I can do.

Thanks

Josh

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Well, people can not really answer you on many questions about downloading games as it is illegal. And they surely can not link you to torrent sites as that is against forum rules.

What i can say is this:
    1. plenty of free torrent sites out that but most of the really good ones are private (still free) but to get in you need an invitation from a current member.
    2. another option is Rapidshare and warez sites, same as a newsgroup but much easier to do.

3. StylesPug

StylesPug Member

if i was you i would steer clear of everything4360.com

i dont see how that page is legal in any way... and to pay for it would be asking for trouble.

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Get Giganews as your news server instead and I can't see there being any game you couldn't get with them as they have 200 days retention and the best completion rate. It's worth the extra $10 IMO. The best torrent sites are private ones and all have closed registrations right now. I posted a couple of weeks ago when xbox-sky had open registrations, but they are closed now.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  5. stros

stros Member

I use Demonoid for torrents, I know it was public and went private. I'm not sure if its still private but its okay.

I'll check out the newsgroup site that you mentioned if all else fails.

I decided to order the drive that is supposed to copy 360 games, I figured id have a better bet with that considering it looks like I can just use clone CD or nero in order to image the file, then It looks like i just have to patch the game.