1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I get somebodys opinnion

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by prutsos, Jan 29, 2008.

1. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

ok I went to newegg.com to get some stuff and I was wondering if someone can find this stuff cheaper( I know but Im not made of money) now here is what I saw

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180053

I need the wireless adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141424
    it needs to be ddr memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135047
    I have a cpu already intel pentium d 2.83GH so yeah dont really want a cpu so is that mother board any good

ok the total of all this is $143.47
    if you can keep it below that you are a god in my book ;p
    kkep in mind I live in california USA (just for the shipping thanx alot

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

3. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

well actually the ram is for another computer

4. bendered

bendered Member

I just built a nice gaming PC for my son and I used Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect, Buy.com, Mwave, as well as checking Ebay, but with new parts I had almost no luck on Ebay, but check just to be sure. When I scan for a product I do the search adding the word "price" at the end. I will get a lot of the price comparison sites and use them as a template for my search. You will also see a lot search results with the price there visible for you to see in the description.

I would stay away from any pre-n wireless until there is a decision as to which version will win the war. I would hate to be stuck with one on the losing side and have to fork out the money to get another one.

I've used ECS motherboards and found they are cheap for a reason. They lack some capabilities and upgrade options and don't really last that long. I burned out a couple within a year of buying them. If you don't use yours a lot, it might be ok, but heavy use is not good for it's lifespan. I have had good luck with Evga, MSI, and Asus boards. The price difference wasn't that much, like around $10-$15 and I've had better luck with the support and the length of use. One MSI board I've had on pretty much 24/7 for over 3 years now with no problems. I am pretty brutal on my machines. I do a lot of testing, overclocking, multiple OS installations, networking tests, and the like, so I need good quality boards.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member