1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get this drive to read DVD+?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jvan100, Dec 4, 2004.

1. jvan100

jvan100 Member

Recently purchased a used laptop which came with a MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8174 drive. Drive is fine with DVD-R but doesn't see +. I've read that most drives will read + media regardless of mfr spec. And I know you can burn + as -, but I already have a bunch of + disks. I've been to the manufacturers website, Panasonic, but it appears the latest driver is the one that comes with windows. Hoping there was a hack or someone knew of another driver that would work.

2. Batman400

Batman400 Member

You are going to hate me after this but someone has to tell you THAT IS THE WORST DRIVE EVER MADE
    I bought my original computer and paid $200.00 for the same drive and thought Oboy dvdwatch movies great no it froze all the time and like you said dvd- ok dvd+ no way went to the shop 3 or 4 time and then finally gave up now they are so cheap I have changed that drive for a new 1 and then also installed a DVD burner
    I still have the old drive sitting on the desk when It collects $200.00 in dust I will throw it, Checkout LITE-ON very reasonable replacement and works well and WAL-MART also sells a RETAIL brand that works well.
    So hate the message not the messenger LOL

Good Luck Batman400