1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I go online with my modded Wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Leafs420, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Leafs420

Leafs420 Member

Hi, I have a Wii with the d2ckey mod chip

I know that you cant update a d2ckey...

but can I safely go online with my wii? is tehre anything to watch for? any risk at all?

thank you

2. Leafs420

Leafs420 Member

I also hear people talking about their firmware updates when they have a d2ckey... and how they go online to update it. Is this something I should be doing?

3. juniR

juniR Guest

Dunno about d2ckey - afaik it's supposed to be the finished article with no updating necessary...

Playing online - no problem. Updating Wii firmware online should be no problem in that there will be no damage to the Wii but it may mean that the modchip firmware may possibly need an update... again that shouldn't apply to the d2ckey.

You should be fine - there is no SERIOUS risk ;)

4. pyroseal

pyroseal Guest

i 'm not sure either

i know i heard that they might start traking modded xbox,but i don't know about the wii

5. juniR

juniR Guest

I was referring to d2ckey updates not the online business - that's fine - no tracking bs and no bricking your wii etc.

6. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

All chips supposedly use a stealth mode, thus meaning it doesn't change any important firmware files on the Wii. As it doesn't modify anything, just tricks the DVD drive, it is technically undetectable.

Of course there is some risk involved; it is not certain that Nintendo will never be able to block it, but its pretty safe to say they won't.

Hope this helps!