1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I improve video quality of my master source disk?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by malibux, Jan 27, 2005.

1. malibux

malibux Member

I have an old cartoon series (exo squad) on dvd and was wondering if I can buy software of use some type of dvd service company to improve the quality of the video? I set up a menu and everything so it works like a regular dvd, just the quality is on the down side. any ideas\help\info would be very much appreciated! thanks in advance!!!

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

short answer...no
    poor original quality is going to result in poor backup quality

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Unless you have the sofware that I seen on CSI (original) the other week, it was able to convert the most terrible (crap)petrol station driveway footage so they could read a number plate. What a lot of crap!!

M

4. bobsatguy

bobsatguy Member

I have a panosonic dvd recorder model dmr-e20, it has video improvement circuitry, recording from a vcr to dvd the recording is far better than the master tape..there can be no encryption involved here, but results from my home vcr tapes were impresive, to say the least,, noise did not transfer, and most 'scan' lines went away as well..