1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i install the flip top without voiding the warrenty?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Wind69, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Wind69

Wind69 Member

i wanted to know if i can install the fliptop lid for the v12 (slim)without voiding the warrenty. i want to use the swap magic usa disks with the flip top but i dont want to void the warrenty so that if anything goes wroung i can put the original lid back on and send it to sony

please help

bryan

2. dolittle

dolittle Member

why would you want to change the lid when the slim ps2 top loads. read a little there are other things to do to the slim ps2 so you can use sm3

3. dolittle

dolittle Member

yes it will void warranty if u switch lid

4. dolittle

dolittle Member

im sorry, i read u can put the ghost switch in which requires u to remove the top. it said it didnt hurt your warranty sticker

5. Wind69

Wind69 Member

can u plz tell me which site that was at
    and i think the flip top does not need a ghostswitch
    and i think you can install it without voiding the warrenty http://www.ps2lid.com/ i just think this guy wasnt to careful with the ps2.

any fead back?

6. kyozetsu

kyozetsu Member

Um fliptop is the best choice aside from slimtool, but its very risky in the warranty sence. Id go with the slimtool since it doesnt require you opening your ps2 no breaking anything off, so warranty stays fully intact.

7. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

I've heard about just folding the top back and using the warranty sticker as a hinge and not removing it, I've also heard about freezing the sticker or heating the sticker and that allows the warranty to stay intact. Sounds like a massive pain in the ass if you ask me, I agree with kyozetsu, go with slimtool.

But if you already have the fliplid, just be really careful, a quick search might reveal some more answers too, give it a shot.

8. Wind69

Wind69 Member

alright thanks dudes. i have ordered the slimtool from www.slimtool.com and im hoping it willl be sent quickly thanks

9. tbellomo

tbellomo Member

I installed the fliptop without voiding the warranty -- use the sticker as a hinge -- no problem.