1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I intergrate I COPY DVDs 2 & DVD43FREE

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by snowpro1, Jun 8, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No, it is not common. Bad media is a prime cause of this. Try Ritek G04's, you can get them from Meritline for about .45 ea. w/free shipping.

Sometimes DVDCopy 2 will cause pixelation problems with older movies. You might want to rip with decrypter 1st to your HD, then use those files in DVDCopy 2 and see if that helps on older movies.

Or, you could try Shrink 3.2 and see how it works with that on older movies, then burn with decrypter. Both are free and can be found here in AD..Try your media 1st.

Good luck...

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

According to the FAQ section of http://www.icopydvds2.com/support
     Question: Why does my backup copy play back with pauses, skips and stops?
     Answer: Over half the time the issue is simply with a scheduled process (like Windows XP auto-defrag, or most often screensaver that tries to kick on at specified intervals, which would translate into skip/breakup at the end). One of the best ways to resolve this matter is to turn off screensavers and power-saving options. Then, shut down any possible background processes that may act on their own while idle (like virus scanners, pop up killers, etc.) and attempt your back up again.

I hope that this can be some help to you ...

If you still need help, call the support staff at ICOPYDVDs2. The phone number is 708-349-1400 extension 5513. Ask for Bill Stanley, he's very patient and is willing to help out. An alternate number is 708-349-6409.

3. necrocool

necrocool Member

I have yet to produce anything but a coaster. I have IcopyDVDs2 and DVD43free, but I cannot seem to do a complete copy/backup of the DVD. I can only copy just the movie.

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Have you tried calling Bill Stanley ... He does a really good job at solving problems ... After all ... he gets paid to do it !!

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

necrocool, what are your steps using DVDCopy 2?

Are you doing any editing in Copy 2?

Also, are you using Version 1.4 w/patin couffin or 2.0 standalone of dvd43?

Intervideo DVDCopy 2 is one the better, faster, and easiest programs to use. What are your system specs?

6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I believe that there's a communication problem going on here ... I think necrocool is using "ICOPYDVDs2" which is a program by the MeToo company, while you, bigorange, are talking about "DVD Copy 2" which is an InterVideo program ... To my knowledge, these are two different programs which accomplish basically the same thing the same way ...

Anyways ... to begin to solve this problem we need to know what is your OS ... ICOPYDVDs2 does not function properly with anything but W2K and XP ... and Bill Stanley (a member of their staff) informed me that ONLY DVD43 v1.4 (which is the totally free one) will work properly with ICOPYDVDs2 and NOT to install the pautin couffin program ... as it may cause problems ...

One last question necrocool, do you have the Basic or the Standard version of this program ? The Standard version of ICOPYDVDs2 allows you to backup the entire disc ... while the Basic version of ICOPYDVDs2 will only allow you to backup the movie itself ...

If you only have the Basic version of this program, disregard the rest of the post and use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and save your version of ICOPYDVDs2 for the occasional movie that has no special features ...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]                 [​IMG]       

... Be nice to me ..... I'm having a bad decade ...[/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

catfreak, yep lol, you're right. I misread it. Thanx for pointing that out.

However on the dvd43, version 1.4 is the free one and it has to have patin couffin to work. The paid version or 2.0 doesn't require you to load patin couffin. So, if he is saying to use v1.4 it has to have patin couffin to work. If he's saying don't load patin couffin, might he be referring to using version 2.0?

One way to avoid confusion, get anydvd, it's a better app, it has a 21 day free trial and it's track record is better than dvd43, not to mention the newest version will get around hard disc read errors, something that is being used recently to prevent DVD backup. :)

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I think that ICOPYDVDs2 already has a version of pautin couffin incorporated in the program ... The only problems I've encountered with DVD43 were solved by starting to play the disc, then opening ICOPYDVDs2, closing my DVD player ... and voila ! CSS is h i s t o r y ...

9. necrocool

necrocool Member

ok, So catfreak, I'm using win2k on ICOPYDVDs2 Standard edition. I'm using DVD43 ver 1.4 (the free one) I'm seeming to have the problems when I burn the DVD. It gets to about the same place and errors out.

10. katowoo

katowoo Member

I recently purchased the I Copy DVDs 2 and I downloaded the DVD43free and I successfully copy a movie into the suggested temp file but when it asks me to put a blank DVD in, I do but the copy button continually stays gray and message directing me to put a blank DVD in remains. I'm using the Memorex DVD+RW 2.4x media.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

katowoo

even if you get it to work, you need to change media, memorex is crap and unreliable! it will cause problems and sometimes even if working now, will quit working in the future.

Tyr meritline or newegg for Ritek G04 4x -R or Ridata 4x +R, both under .50 each and w/free shipping!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  12. EOTC

EOTC Member

Oh my, can someone please help me?
    I just bought ICopyDVDs2 and installed DVD43 from www.dvd43.com
    So I put the disk in I wanted to copy... then added the blank when prompted...
    Said it was successful...
    YET it wont play on any of our DVD players but will only play on my DVDR/RW drive on my computer...
    Is this the best I can do? Be gentle and speak slowly for any instructions... I have no clue what I am doing! lol!

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

ssssllllooowwwwlllllyyyyy now, is your media compatible with your DVD player? that is , what format is your media(+ or -) and what does your player play(+ or -)? Also R and/or RW?

14. EOTC

EOTC Member

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

oooohhh-ouch, that may be your problem right there, memorex is one of the crappiest and most unreliable media on the market.

Try Ritek G04 4x -R or Ridata 4x +R from meritline or newegg. Make sure they are BRANDED! under .50 each w/free shipping, so the price is as good as it gets, especially for the quality. Over 400 burns for me and only one bad disc.

Also, what speed were you burning? Faster speeds can result in more errors. I never burn over 4x and sometimes 2.4x. If backing up games, 1x, :>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  16. EOTC

EOTC Member

So simply it being memorex (bad quality) could make it play just fine on my computer, but not read at all on our regular dvd players??

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yep! Do not under estimate the power of bad media. It is as important as your software, PC, burner, etc.

I've seen more problems with media because people just don't think it could matter that much. You can't think in terms of CD or VHS, this is a whole new ballgame.

18. EOTC

EOTC Member

Thank You! I am trying one last time on a disk. This time I DL the DVDShrink and the DVD Decrypter. It's almost done. If this don't work Im gonna buy new disks for sure! ;)

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm also not a big fan of dvd43, especially version 1.4. it can cause problems. If you want an app like that,(on the fly) get anydvd. It has a free 21 day trial. Much more consistant than dvd43 and is constantly being updated. They now have a way around hard disc read errors.

BTW,even if you get your discs to work, don't be surprised if you come in one day, say a year from now, and they don't. I'm not kidding!

20. EOTC

EOTC Member

Thank you, well I tried it with Shrink and Decrypter... didn't work... It wrote the cd no problem, but wouldn't play in my player. I am gonna try to get some new disks.