1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i just swap out my drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jerecho, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

i have a dead flashed xbox 360 and i think the graphics chip died because i get sound but no video.(the graphics had been changing to wierd colors for about a week and it finally died). is it possible to get a new 360 and just swap the dvd drive instead of re-flashing? i dont know how to flash so this would be my best bet.

2. BongoPc

BongoPc Member

Hey my man, doesnt sound like your drive is dead, just needs to be repaired. I've repaired over 50+ 360s this year, (actually fixed this exact same problem on one clients yesterday), I can do it for you for $40 (plus return shipping) if youre interested. Let me know. Best.

3. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

i know the drive is not dead. it boots up backed up games just fine it just doesnt produce any video anymore. basicly what i'm asking is can i buy a new xbox, take it apart, remove the dvd drive and put in the dvd drive i have that is flashed and be able to play backups again?
    if it is indeed the graphics chip how can you fix that?
    it already had the 3 lights of death and i already did the x clamp fix and it worked for about 2 weeks. the graphics were slowly turning yellowish while playing games until finally it wont output video anymore?
    if you are certain of what the prob is and what i mentioned will not work i would be interested in having you fix it. thanks for the help!

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you cant just swap the drives out, it wont work.