1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I just swap the DVD drive in a 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by h1p1n3, Oct 14, 2007.

1. h1p1n3

h1p1n3 Member

Ok, so I, along with other people, have started to get the "unplayable disc" error with every type of media (DVD, 3 origional games that worked before, and CD's). The funny thing was, I was playing halo 3 (limited edition) and left it in the xbox overnight (I havent been playing any other games) I went to play it again one day and got the unplayable disc error. Well wtf? I didnt move it, nothing was touched or anything.... Anyway, Im assuming I need a new DVD drive. Are there any hardware limitations to swapping out the drive, like compatibility issues?

2. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

dude my friend had the same problem! except we played the standard one. i have the exact same question!

3. h1p1n3

h1p1n3 Member

oh, fyi, i got it working just a few minutes ago. I took the HD off and left it unplugged from power for a while. started the cboc with no HD, then put a game in. was fine..... Doing research I guess it can still go bad again however