1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I make 2 copies of the same DVD with DVD Shrink without having to read the original twice?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dd22qq, Apr 15, 2007.

1. dd22qq

dd22qq Member

Okay, so once the first disc has burnt, the files remain on the hard drive. But if I then attempt to re-write the data (the only option for doing this I'm aware of is by selecting 'Open Files'), it then seems to want to RE-READ the data in much the same way as it reads the disc itself - and needs yet ANOTHER folder in which to store the second lot of files.

Surely there's a more time/space effective method of making 2 copies of the same disc?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Burn the output to the hard drive and then use the burner software to make 2 copies from there. Nero is one of the programs that ask how many copies you want.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

just use a disc copier like nero burning the file from the HD to a blank disc or burning a copy on the fly using nero dvd burning rom

dvd decrypter will work also ISO read ISO write

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lol pacman beat me by a minute.

BTW how many post are you posting a day lol. you should be aDa anyday now

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Like minds? LOL

Instead of Decrypter though, I'd suggest ImgBurn, it's the updated version of the Decrypter burner ware by the same author.

I don't think I've done over 10 so far today. I'm in no hurry to be addict. The title holds no attraction for me. Like someone said, it only shows a gift for gab.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i achieve this via Nero's 'multiple recorder' feature, which burns the same data (doesn't work for different data sets) to 2 or more drives concurrently. I use this feature extensively, and some of my burners are USB2.0 connected, also you can happily use different blank discs in the drives, ie i rarely check whether i put R or +R in the drives, or what speed discs they are, but i stick to a sensible 8x, and if a disc needs booktyping, Nero is clever enough to even do this in a multiple recorder burn, it just auto-booktypes the relevant disc(s).

edit- in fact just as i posted this, a multiple recorder burn just finished - an 8x Taiyo Yuden (TYG02) -R in one drive, a 16x Maxell (RICOHJPNR03) +R (auto-booktyped) in another. One of Nero's better features

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  7. dd22qq

dd22qq Member

Thanks, some helpful info there (this is a great forum BTW).